Friday, March 23, 2012

Friday Post 5

I've been slacking on the posting lately.

Today was one of those days where I worked a lot and got a little done. I've been having timing problems, which is so important to the game. The problem is not that it doesn't work, but that it is inconsistent, so sometimes it will break badly.

I think the problem is in my sound manager class, because there is a certain amount of lag involved that could be throwing off the timing. The blobs seem to be moving at the right speed and in the right intervals, and the data in the data file seems correct, so I guess it must be the sound. If its not the sound, then theres a problem with how I'm placing the blob. I bet its a combination of both.

Next time I will re-work and optimize the sound system. In addition to fixing the timing, there is also a problem with playing small interface fx, as they won't replay after playing once.

No comments:

Post a Comment