Friday, March 30, 2012

Friday Post 6

Last week I must have been really out of it.

Fixed the sound bug where it wouldn't play twice; all I had to do was set the frame position to 0 before playing. Found that after looking at the documentation for all of 30 seconds.

I fixed timing quite a bit too. It turns out I was starting my timer at the beginning of the constructor, so it was doing all the file io and initialization on the clock. Dur. Put the timer start as the last thing, and what do you know, it works.

There are still some minor timing issues, which I will investigate next time, like dealing with the discrepancy between rendering and audio playback. I also want to try the Java Mixer for synchronization of the two tracks, but I'll have to read up on how that works.

Tests today yielded positive results on both the screen and the monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment