Wednesday, September 21, 2011

jMonkey

I decided to go with jMonkey, an engine built on lwjgl because it has a lot of things done that I would need, like fonts, textures, physics, scenegraphs, etc.  So far its been working pretty well.

I've been working on get the basic skeleton of my game layed out.  I have a gamestate, level, song, and numerous blobs working.  It recognizes the difference between special blobs and normal blobs, and draws them going across the screen at the right time.

I keep doing stupid stuff like initializing code in the wrong order or deleting materials and wondering where they went, and its frustrating because I'm shooting myself in the foot by wasting time with stupid mistakes.  Next week I'm going to work on the menu style gamestates, like the main menu, credit screen, and others.

Here's a picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment