Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Wednesday Post 2

1) What I did today

Today I switched engines yet again.  JMonkey proved to be too young, and problems with documentation conflicts and buggy sound code forced me to try something else.  I will be trying a 2d solution with Java2D, a built in lib.

While this was rather frustrating, there are a few good things.  First, the UI is basically done because I can use Java.Swing.  The cursor is also done, because I can use MouseListeners with the default mouse.  I unintentionally got everything I wanted to accomplish today done, except for the DFA, which I'll probably end up putting off for winter break.

A couple of considerations with the new engine are the sound, which Java has built it (yet I have no experience with it and don't know its capabilities) and input.  For Joystick input, I'll probably have to use an external library like JxInput.

2)  What I will do next week

-Get the sound files playing on the play gamestate
-Create a MainMenu playstate

3) Etc.

Nothing to post.

No comments:

Post a Comment